Sunday, February 22, 2009

Greetings!

This is a new blog, so allow me to give some introduction:
My name is Sara Renee Murray and I make photographs.

This week was a week of almost non-stop shooting. My half-sister was here for a visit and she just so happens to be a great model. I also happen to have constant access to an amazingly well-equipped studio...it just made sense to shoot a lot.

Exhibit A:


This was shot with the Mamiya645 (digital back), tethered to a Mac G5, and lit with a grid lighting the background, and one large softbox and one strip softbox.

This week I had the opportunity to meet and photograph two new people: Hannah and Ray. After taking portraits, we did a series of group shots, which were WICKED fun. There's something about timing a jumping shot at the precise moment when the self-timer releases...

Exhibit B:





Living the life, almost every day.