Thursday, June 25, 2009

My hero: Sir Conan Doyle/Sherlock Holmes.

Sir Conan Doyle:


This man is my hero. He invented the character (who is based very much on his own person) Sherlock Holmes. He was incredible! Read up on him!

This is what his tombstone says:
STEEL TRUE
BLADE STRAIGHT
ARTHUR CONAN DOYLE
KNIGHT
PATRIOT, PHYSICIAN & MAN OF LETTERS



I'm not a big girl into quotes, ever...BUT Sherlock Holmes gets me. We have so much in common! We would have been such great partners. friends. colleagues. etc.etc.

Here are some of my favourite quotes:
"I never guess. It is a capital mistake to theorize before one has data. Insensibly one begins to twist facts to suit theories, instead of theories to suit facts."

"Mediocrity knows nothing higher than itself, but talent instantly recognizes genius."

"My mind rebels at stagnation. Give me problems, give me work, give me the most abstruse cryptogram, or th emost intricate analysis, and I am in my own proper atmosphere. But I abhor the dull routine of existence. I crave for mental exaltaion."

&my favourite:
"Life is infinitely stranger than anything the mind could invent."

Mmmm...Sherlock Holmes. My hero.