Tuesday, March 23, 2010

About.

A little bit (&maybe even more than you want to know!) about me: Sara Renee



First off, you'll notice in the very first photo that I am holding Fluffy, the blue bunny.  He's still around and in great shape for being twenty two years old.    
Secondly, my family rules. I love family photos. Love them. I could look at anyone's family photos for hours.
















The left hand side was last summer when I got the Canon 5d MkII. Excited isn't a big enough word. This camera has actually made my mouth water on numerous occasions.
In the second set, and in the photo on the right...this was the first trip to Pennsylvania that my mom let me pack my own things. And I (honestly) forgot the dress shoes for my Christmas outfit. My mom was sooooo pleased!

Can you tell that my mom used to dress me?  In satin gowns and huge bows!   


One time my mom went out of town for the weekend and my dad let me wear my clothes to bed, and wake up in them and wear them another day. For a six year old tomboy, it was heaven.
I also used to have a huge gap in my teeth and was reeeeeeally into Orlando Magic (Go Shaq!).  And I was consistently covered in fake tattoos.  I took piano lessons for 6 years, and this lady was my first piano teacher. 
 


After piano lessons, I played guitar (specializing in classical guitar) for four years.  Oh, and dcTalk was my favourite band when I was little. I still think they're super talented. 
I also wore skirts, with high striped tube socks, and Chuck Taylors.


















 Um, next- I shaved my head my last year in college. I started dying my hair (rotating between being a redhead, bleach blonde, and black) when I was in 7th grade. I had no clue what my natural hair colour was. A fresh start was in order! I mean, that adds up to NINE years that I dyed my hair.  I will never colour my hair again.
And the motourcycle! Number one thing to do on my "Before I Die" list. And I did it! Last year, with my Graphic Design teacher. And I absolutely LOVED it!
























Otters are one of my favourite animals. A few summers ago I went to CA and found this huge otter.  I was excited to be held by it. (ha!)
The photo on the right is some sort of creative exploration with a manny head and cigarettes. (I don't smoke. Actually, I think cigarettes are kind of gross. And super unhealthy). It was merely a prop for this photo.
 


Mmmm...in case you didn't know- I use a Macbook Pro and I photograph weddings.
(&I love wearing hats. Beanies, baseball caps, any kind of head gear).



Pipes are relaxing and enjoyable for me (photo by the lovely Shaunae)
This bottom photo is especially funny:
My brother brought me to this all day bbq/cookout/party.  When I say "all day" I mean: we got there at noon and left at 9pm. Of course I brought a book! (I hate parties unless they are 15 minutes long). But all his friends thought I must have been miserable because here I was, reading Sherlock Holmes at this big shindig they're having. Person after person kept sitting down next to me to chat it up....ugh! I wanted to put a sign up saying "Hey, I'm not bored, I actually LIKE to read".
My brother still teases me about reading at parties.
























For Halloween this yeae my costume was a moustache. That was it. Best costume ever; I think I will do it every year for the rest of my life.
And I am in the phonebook!


I got this magnifying glass last month and love it. Magnifying glasses are such cool props.
This purple whurple photo on the right is one my friend Max took last year at photo school. (HE IS SO GOOD).
It's karo syrup mixed with blue&red food colouring. He then painted it all over my lips and face with his finger. It was very difficult not to open my mouth/grin for this photo. But it was the most fun I've had modeling all year- which says a lot about Max.


















So that's my life in a short photo series.  There's a ton more (my childhood was extremely carefree and full of mystery novels, playing in forests, building forts, exploring foreign territories, and daydreaming).

And now...I do all the same things that I did when I was little, but now I make photographs too!