Monday, November 2, 2009

let's talk about life. right now.

i, sara renee murray, am a late bloomer. every day i shed my skin and get a littler taller. a little bigger. and i begin to think a little deeper.

douglas coupland wrote "life after God." i read it.
the book ends with this:

"
now- here is my secret:
i tell it to you with an openness of heart that i doubt i shall ever achieve again, so i pray that you are in a quiet room as you hear these words. my secret is that i need God-- that i am sick and can no longer make it alone. i need God to help me give, because i no longer seem to be capable of giving; to help me be kind, as i no longer seem capable of kindness; to help me love, as i seem beyond being able to love.
"

this book, which i recommend to anyone, is about our generation being the first generation raised without religion. and we have to reach the point where we recognize that we need God. i am recognizing that.

there are no big things in life. only little things that accumulate.
and i am so grateful for these little things. every time i recognize some evident truth in my life, i am floored. and amused. usually amused, then floored.

when i see a lady in the car next to me plucking her chin hairs, i am thankful that her windows aren't tinted and that she's not ashamed.
when a boy dressed in a onesie tells me i'm perfect- i am amused and grateful.
when i wake up and my living room is completely flooded with airy, liquid gold and i swim through it- i am floored.




(and so)
here is to: growing up and shedding skin.
running for the thrill of it!
being aware and grateful.